Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Why So Worried?


The call comes in at about 9am, John picks up the phone slowly and hears a dead silence....there is no echo in the background, no other sounds to be heard. Trembling and shook up from the events that had taken place at the bar the night before John choked out the words, "Hello, he....hel-lo." Quickly a voice responded in one of those raspy, crackling, high pitched voices that you only hear on the scary movies, "You're gonna die tonight John...You're gonna die! John quickly hangs up the phone before anything else can be said and gets up off the bed and begins pacing back and forth in the room not knowing what to do. His mind is filled with all kinds of thoughts, and worry clouds every section of hi mind.

Now I would honestly say that John has something to be worried about. That is a story that I created just for this occasion. I thought today, how many of us live our lives in every situation worried just like this. Our minds are clouded to the brim with worries of all types. I lived this way at one time, always worried about one thing or another. Then the day came that I committed and surrendered myself, my life to the Christ. It took some time, but as I read his words in the Bible and began to apply those words to my life I began to ask myself this. If I believe that I serve the God of the Universe, then why am I worried about anything.

This God, the Christ that I serve is the same God that plagued Egypt during Moses time. This is the same God that opened the sea and made the land dry in less than a few minutes (impossible). The same God that brought Daniel unhurt, and even untouched out of the lions den. The same God that turned the 5 loves and 2 fish into a meal that could feed over 5,000 with baskets left. I have no worries any more.

You are probably saying to yourself, "I don't believe that, how could you live with no worries?" Think about it, God says in his words in the Bible, we cannot even count the hairs on our heads, but he knows every single one. The word also tells us not to worry, but to trust that God our heavenly father will provide for us. His word says that if we know how to provide good gifts for our children, then how much better will he do for us being our heavenly Father!

Finally there is no reason for us to be worried if we really trust the Lord and know his Word. If we are obedient, following the ways of God the best we know how, then God is faithful to bless and open the doors we need. BUT, What if God doesn't do anything at all? We have to be secure enough in our faith to know that this same God that brought the Hebrew boys out of the flames IS able to do anything. Even though he may not do, the time may not be right, or he may not be ready to move for us cause he see's that we aren't ready. All and all, just be faithful.....WHY SO WORRIED?

No comments:

Post a Comment